A state appeals panel on Thursday revived a class-action lawsuit against the Cook County Circuit Clerk’s Office over a $60 filing fee charged unlawfully on potentially thousands of petitions or motions involving nonfinal orders.The case relates to a section of law interpreted by the 1st District Appellate Court last year, Gassman v. Clerk of the Circuit Court, 2017 IL App (1st) 151738, which found Dorothy A. Brown …
Please sign in to continue.
Not a Subscriber?
Join the Chicago attorneys who rely on the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin for the latest legal news and information. Our team of reporters and editors cover the Daley Center, Federal Courts, Springfield, the Supreme Court, verdicts and settlements, plus other stories happening in the legal profession.
A subscription entitles you to access the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin however you choose:
- Online — Visit lawbulletin.com any time of the day or night for the latest news and headlines
- Morning Lineup and Afternoon headlines eblasts — Delivered to your inbox in the morning and late afternoon, they are the perfect way to start and end your day so you stay in the know
- Breaking News Alerts — If news breaks in the legal community or at the courts, our team is on it and we’ll send it to your inbox
- E-edition — Our digital version of the newspaper, can be found on the home page of chicagolawbulletin.com It includes all news, the events calendar, classified advertising, directories and public notices.
- Print edition — Hand delivered to you within the downtown area every afternoon
Plus, all of our digital products are tailored to suit any mode you want – desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile phone.
Subscribe today by calling 312-644-2394 or subscribe here.