Today's announcements are for 7-4-2022.
News from the Circuit Court
Attention Attorneys - eFiling for Cook County:
— For an attorney to be listed on the electronic docket for a case as the Attorney of Record, the attorney, when filing a new case or a subsequent filing in eFileIL, must select the "Lead Attorney" box within the Parties tab [either the plaintiff or defendant line item] and select themselves as the Lead Attorney.
— eFileIL requires that all Firm Administrators/Individual Attorneys verify that all attorneys correct ARDC numbers are listed within eFileIL as well as an individual email address for each attorney.
- Firm Administrators should also be validating the Firm Attorney list periodically to ensure that those attorneys no longer representing the firm have been deactivated.
- Once ReSearchIL is implemented for Cook County, attorneys will be utilizing the same log-in for ReSearchIL as they do for efileIL.
— When filing multiple documents within an envelope, the filing code for each document must be chosen and each document must be uploaded individually as a pdf. All documents filed should have their own filing code and/
or fees [if applicable]. If one filing code is selected for multiple documents and all of the documents are uploaded together, only the initial document will be reflected as an entry on the electronic docket as well as the electronic docket will only reflect the initial document.
- When the envelope with multiple documents is rejected, a rejection email for each document will be sent.
- When there is an issue with one document within the envelope, the entire envelope will be rejected. [you can review your rejected envelopes by going into your dashboard, under 'My Filing Activity to 'Returned' to review all rejected envelopes. You are able to review/retrieve documents on your dashboard for 548 days (1.5 years)].
— A rejection email titled "submission failed"
results from the e-filing system unable to process one or more PDF documents in the envelope successfully and therefore, the filing was sent to the court.
— Common reasons for submission failure include, but are not limited to are:
— Page size not being 8.5x11 inches
— A resolution higher than 300dpi
— Use of unintelligible images
— Fill-able boxes
— Unsupported fonts like ZapfDingbats, Wingdings, Symbols
— Password protection or Security
on PDF documents
— URLs, shortcuts or hyperlinks included in the filing
— PDF Producers other than Adobe Acrobat
or Microsoft Word
— Corel Word Perfect PDF Producer
- this is when Word Perfect is used to create PDFs. Using this PDF producer can cause submission failure with the EFile website.
One way to check for this information is to look at the Properties of one or all your documents. If you are using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader, open the document, click File and select Properties in the drop down menu.
If you need additional assistance with eFileIL, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact Tyler Technologies Support
June 8-July 8
SURETY SECTION OF THE OFFICE OF THE CHIEF JUDGE
CIRCUIT COURT OF COOK COUNTY
Circuit Court of Cook County Chief Judge Timothy C. Evans announces that, effective June 1, 2022, any automobile club, association, trade union, surety or insurance company that is requesting authority to issue bond certificates to its members and to act as guarantors on bond certificates so issued in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, must comply with the following procedures:
1. Petitions requesting authorization to issue bond certificates and act as guarantors on bond certificates in the Circuit Court of Cook County must be filed between July 1, 2022, and July 15, 2022, in the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County, Room 1005, Surety Desk, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington Street, Chicago, Illinois 60602, which is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. During the pandemic, please contact the Clerk's Office at 312-603-5035 with regards to their filing procedures. Inquiries regarding filing may also be directed to the Clerk's Office at the phone number previously mentioned.
2. Verified petitions and supporting documentation must be filed in duplicate in strict compliance with Part 9 of the Rules of the Circuit Court of Cook County, Bonds-Sureties. Packets containing filing materials may be picked up in Room 1005 of the Richard J. Daley Center at the Surety Desk. One additional courtesy copy of verified petitions and supporting documentation must be served on the State's Attorney of Cook County, Assistant State's Attorney Alvin Portis, Room 500, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington Street, Chicago, Illinois 60602.
3. Hearings on petitions filed between July 1, 2022, and July 15, 2022, is scheduled for Friday, July 29, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.at the Daley Center. Information regarding the hearing will be published on the Surety Section Webpage under "Surety Procedure Update: COVID-19" at https://www.cookcountycourt.org/ABOUT-THE-COURT/Office-of-the-Chief-Judge/Surety-Section/Surety-Procedure-Update-COVID-19
. The deadline for submitting notices to the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin is Thursday, July 7, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. Petitions filed after July 15, 2022, will not be heard.
4. The registration fee is $100.00.
5. Any additional bond certificate or guarantor matters must be brought by motion, filed, and spindled in the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court, Room 1005 of the Richard J. Daley Center at the Surety Desk. The notice of motion along with a copy of any pleadings must be served upon the State's Attorney of Cook County, Assistant State's Attorney Alvin Portis, Room 500, Richard J. Daley Center, 50 West Washington Street, Chicago, Illinois 60602. A courtesy copy of said motion and pleadings must be delivered to 69 W. Washington St., Suite 3300 Chicago, IL 60602. The statutory motion fee will be assessed by the Office of the Clerk of the Circuit Court.
6. Inquiries may be directed to Attorneys Sheena Marin or Elliott Riebman at email@example.com
EDITOR'S NOTE TO ALL SURETY COMPANIES: The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin must receive all surety notice requests for publication no later than 2 PM on July 7 to publish the notice by the deadline detailed above. To place your notice, email a copy of your filed petition to the Law Bulletin at PublicNotice@LawBulletinMedia.com, or call Ann M. Erickson, Law Bulletin's Courts Department Manager, at 312-644-8297.
May 2-July 6
News from Illinois Supreme Court
In re: Supreme Court Committee on Equality
Effective immediately, the following individual is appointed a member of the Supreme Court Committee on Equality for a term expiring December 31, 2022:
Hon. Stephanie K. Miller
Circuit Court of Cook County
50 W. Washington St., Rm. 1806
Chicago, IL 60602
Effective immediately, the following individuals are appointed members of the Supreme Court Committee on Equality for terms expiring December 31, 2023:
Alpa J. Patel
Deputy Public Guardian
Office of the Cook County Public Guardian
2245 W. Ogden Avenue
Chicago, IL 60612
Attorney at Law
200 W. 22nd Street, S#210
Lombard, IL 60148
Effective immediately, the following individuals are appointed members of the Supreme Court Committee on Equality for terms expiring December 31, 2024:
Deputy Director of Performance Management
Office of Statewide Pretrial Services
3101 Old Jacksonville Road
Springfield, IL 62704
Hon. Milton S. Wharton
Appellate Court Justice
Appellate Court, Fifth District
2 Ginger Creek Village
Glen Carbon, IL 62034
Order entered by the Court June 27, 2022, order signed by Cynthia A. Grant, Clerk, Supreme Court of the State of Illinois.
June 30-July 7